Datatrial are seeking a driven Full Stack Senior Developer to expand our team developing leading web technology at our offices in Hoults Yard, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Regulatory compliance and quality are a big part of everything we do at Datatrial. We can be independently audited at any time so you will be expected to gain an understanding of our quality management system and adhere to standard operating procedures related to the role.
We are an evolving team and there is opportunity within the role to bring your experience to improve and automate deployment processes using Azure Dev Ops. We will always listen to ideas and suggestions on how to improve what we do and have an open autonomous culture within the team where everybody is heard, and everybody can shape how we work.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or knowledge and experience to comparable level.
- 5 years’ demonstrable experience as a software developer.
- Should be comfortable using GIT and SVN source control systems including branch switching and merging.
- Experience of Azure Dev Ops and/or Octopus Deploy. You should know how to automate deployments using these systems.
- Be able to elicit and write requirements from the viewpoint of the customer with testable acceptance criteria.
- Prior exposure to the Azure platform (Azure Search, Blob Storage, Service Bus, SQL Database, and App Services) and deployment to Azure would be advantageous as would experience with unit testing, e2e testing, full product life cycle and producing detailed documentation.
- Commercial awareness and customer focus. It is important we target our product for the market, and we must collaborate with customers to ensure we develop functionality to improve their day-to-day workflow.
- Mentoring and pair programming experience. As a Senior Full Stack developer, you will be expected to work with other developers closely to help them improve and grow.
Datatrial are a leading provider of web-based technologies to the clinical trials industry. We provide software using the latest Microsoft technologies to enable sites around the world to conduct, monitor and analyse their clinical trial programs 24 hours a day.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for somebody with a passion for software development, willing to learn the clinical trial industry. You will be a team player and have ambition to contribute to growing the business through development of new features of the Datatrial product suite. You will understand that potential and existing customers are the end users of our products and therefore we must always listen to what they have to say when considering future enhancements.
What We Offer
- Flexible working culture allowing you to work from home, our office, or a combination of both.
- Free onsite parking at the office.
- Powerful developer ready laptop/desktop machine.
- Tea, Coffee and Fruit in the office.
- Royal London Pension Scheme 3% Employer contribution, 5% Employee Contribution.
- Competitive Parental leave.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Company social events.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- A role that allows you to put your own mark on software at the organisation.
- A great team of committed individuals to help support your work.
- Variety in the role. Our projects differ in size and complexity. We offer exposure to modern development practices and systems.
- A culture of professionalism, openness and kindness is encouraged.
- Open lines of communication with senior management in the business.
- All candidates are given the opportunity of further training through additional Microsoft certifications.