As the IT Engineer, you will be joining a long-established software development organisation.
We are aware that some of our internal processes need modernisation and a better workflow put in place. You will liaise with the business to understand what these processes are and then leverage our existing IT systems to propose, design, and implement better solutions, rolling the new processes out to the business.
Some examples of the types of projects you will be working on are
- Improving our operation procedure management process
- Migrating our network/file shares to a unified cloud-based solution,
- Researching the feasibility for moving the company infrastructure into the cloud.
- Active directory clean up
- Implement password storage solution
- Decommission of old systems
We will always listen to ideas and suggestions on how to improve what we do; you can help shape how we work. Whilst we have IT knowledge in the business you will be comfortable to work autonomously and confident enough to ask for help when needed.
Liaising with and managing external providers you will be the go-between for their support offering and the business. A good knowledge Windows administration, Outlook administration, office 365, and azure cloud would be required for the role
Offering end-user support to team members in both the UK and the US, setting up new domain accounts, managing access to systems along with other ad-hoc requests will be a responsibility of this role.
In the early days, it will be important that you familiarise yourself with the domain of clinical trials and the products Datatrial have built and host in this domain. Regulatory compliance and quality are a big part of everything we do at Datatrial. We can be independently audited at any time so you will be expected to gain an understanding of our quality management system and adhere to standard operating procedures related to the role.
This is a new role to the business and there is opportunity to develop the role by bringing your own approach and experience to improve and automate IT processes and systems throughout the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or knowledge and experience to a comparable level.
- 4 years’ demonstrable experience as an IT Analyst/IT Engineer.
- Knowledge of Office 365.
- Knowledge of SharePoint – set up of new domain and migration of local data to SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Windows AD permission system.
- Experience of Azure Cloud.
- Managing and monitoring backups.
- Switches and routers.
- Commercial awareness.
- Communication with internal and external customers.
At interview, you should be able to talk about projects you have worked on in previous roles using the systems listed above.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for somebody committed to the continuous improvement and, where appropriate, restructuring of business systems to ensure we maximise technology resources available to us.
Having an expert to take ownership of Office 365, Domain Administration, backups (Azure cloud and on premise), licence renewal and updating SSLs will ease the burden currently sitting around the rest of the business.
An individual with the willingness to work with the team to analyse requirements, find competitively priced solutions, deploy, and roll out is a business goal for us. You will be a team player and a high work ethic along with ambition to contribute to growing the business
Datatrial are a leading provider of web-based technologies to the clinical trials industry. We provide software using the latest Microsoft technologies to enable sites around the world to conduct, monitor and analyse their clinical trial programs 24 hours a day.
What we offer
- Flexible working culture allowing you to work from home, our office, or a combination of both.
- Free onsite parking at our UK Head Office.
- Powerful laptop/desktop machine.
- Tea, Coffee, and Fruit in the office.
- Royal London Pension Scheme 3% Employer contribution, 5% Employee Contribution.
- Competitive Parental leave.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Company social events.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- A role that allows you to put your own mark on software at the organisation.
- A great team of committed individuals to help support your work.
- Variety in the role. Our projects differ in size and complexity. We offer exposure to modern development practices and systems.
- A culture of professionalism, openness and kindness is encouraged.
- Open lines of communication with senior management in the business.
- All candidates are given the opportunity of further training through additional Microsoft certifications.