This policy applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our Website or in any other way (such as over the telephone). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and any other applicable data protection laws within the EU and the United Kingdom, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: Datatrial Ltd., The Old Forge, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Datatrial is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
What information do we collect on our website?
When you visit our Website, you may provide us with personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number (“Information”). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
- by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a Contact Us form on our Website, signing up to receive a newsletter or registering for a Datatrial event; and
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- We may also collect personal data from authorised and recognised job boards that you may have previously consented to.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
How do we use the information that you provide to us?
We use your Information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to contact you with information about our services that we feel may be of interest to you (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive these communications by contacting email@example.com or following the instructions contained in the communication;
We may pass your Information to third party organisations:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Where we store your personal data
Data and Information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). You consent to our sending and storing Your Information outside the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party sites
GDPR – enhancements to ensure compliance
We want to keep you all updated on the continued work that we are doing at Datatrial as we all work towards GDPR compliance. In order to protect your personal data we have taken the following action:
- Reworked the process on how IP addresses are logged within nowEDC
- Anonymised client IP addresses in error emails
- Password reset questions are now encrypted in the nowEDC database
- Password reset answers are now treated in the same way as passwords
For Nucleus, the existing, powerful permission management feature will help you with your compliance management.
Nucleus is hosted in the UK and nowEDC hosted within Europe.